The Vision of FCJ College states:
FCJ COLLEGE is a Catholic Educational Community of Companions living in faith, nurturing with hope, serving with compassion and fostering the unique giftedness of each person, so that they are able to live….. For God Always.
At FCJ College, we believe that education is a partnership between the school, teachers, students and families, which involves a curriculum that offers students an authentic avenue to prepare themselves for the challenges of life ahead. At FCJ College, we nurture, engage and encourage all students, in a safe, respectful and positive environment.
FCJ College recognises the importance of privacy and are committed to protecting personal information which may be collected, held and stored.
FCJ College is bound by a range of privacy legislation, including the applicable privacy principles (APPs) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). In relation to health records, CES Limited is also bound by the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic.) and the Health Privacy Principles in that Act.
At times, personal information may be handled relying on exemptions under the applicable legislation, for example, the Privacy Act exempts certain actions by employers in connections with employee records. Any exemptions will take priority over this Policy to the extent of any inconsistency. But we aim to comply incorporating the Australian Privacy Principles and manage personal information with a high degree of diligence and care.
3.1 Type of Information Collected
FCJ College collects and holds personal information, including health and other sensitive information, about:
Students and parents, guardians and/or carers (‘Parents’) before, during and after the course of a student’s enrolment within FCJ College, including:
- name, contact details (including next of kin), date of birth, gender, language background, previous school and religion
- Parents’ education, occupation, and language background
- medical information (eg. details of disability and/or allergies and details of any assistance the student receives in relation to those disabilities, medical reports, names of doctors)
- conduct and complaint records, or other behaviour notes, school attendance and school reports
- information about referrals to government welfare agencies
- counselling reports
- health fund details and Medicare number
- any court orders
- volunteering information (including Working with Children Checks)
- photos and videos at CES Limited events
Job applicants, staff members, volunteers and contractors, including:
- name, contact details (including emergency contact details), date of birth and religion
- information on job application
- professional registrations, including Victorian Institute of Teaching registrations
- screening information, including Working with Children Checks (WWCC) and/or National Police Record Checks – professional development history
- salary and payment information, including superannuation details
- medical information (eg. details of disability and/or allergies and medical certificates)
- complaint records, disciplinary records and investigation reports
- leave details
- photos and videos at FCJ College events and school activities
- workplace surveillance information, in accordance with the Surveillance Devices Act 1999 (Vic) and,
- work emails and private emails (when using work email address) and internet browsing history
other people who come in contact with FCJ College, including name and contact details and any other information necessary for the particular contact with FCJ College.
3.2 Personal Information you provide
FCJ College will generally collect personal information held about an individual by way of forms filled out by parents or students, face-to-face meetings and interviews, emails and telephone calls.
On occasions, people other than parents and students (such as job applicants and contractors) provide personal information to FCJ College.
3.3 Personal Information provided by other people
In some circumstances, FCJ College may be provided with personal information about an individual from a third party, for example a report provided by a medical professional or a report from a school. The type of information FCJ College may collect from a school may include:
- academic records and/or achievement levels
- information that may be relevant to assisting a school meet the needs of the student including any adjustments
3.4 Exception in relation to employee records
This exemption does not extend to job applicants, contractors, or other privacy obligations such as tax file number requirements and health privacy laws.
FCJ College handles staff health records in accordance with the Health Privacy Principles in the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic.).
FCJ College needs to be able to identify individuals with whom it interacts and to collect identifiable information about them to facilitate the delivery of services to schools, conduct the job application process and fulfil other obligations and processes. However, in some limited circumstances, some activities and interactions with FCJ College may be done anonymously where practicable, which may include making an inquiry, complaint or providing feedback.