FCJ College is an inclusive Catholic Educational Community of Companions living in faith, nurturing with hope, serving with compassion and fostering the unique giftedness of each person, so that they are able to live.
For God Always.
Our philosophy is founded on the values of the Gospels, in our Catholic tradition and especially in the charism of Marie Madeleine d’Houet, founder of the FCJ Society. Thus the culture of our faith-based community, FCJ college seeks to be characterised specifically by companionship, gentleness, justice, courage and confidence. We are proud of the personal attention and pastoral care that we are able to offer our students. We have a continuing program of capital improvements to provide quality facilities.
At FCJ College we enact the charism of the FCJ Society and our faith in the daily life of the school. We value and respect the uniqueness of each person, encouraging people to act with courage, confidence and compassion.
The staff members, students and the entire college community require continuous formation to carry forward the FCJ ethos willingly and proactively. A teacher has a vital part to play, respecting and encouraging each student. Sound pedagogy, including the fostering of life-long learning is essential for laying a foundation for the development of leaders who are committed and competent in advocating for a more equitable and sustainable world.
FCJ college aims to demonstrate a visible and tangible expression of compassion and justice. Unfairness within the classroom and in the wider world is addressed through a curriculum that challenges and questions the status quo and develops intellectual and other skills which lead to an ongoing commitment to action. Staff and students, as global citizens, are called to be beacons of hope and agents of positive change, advocating and witnessing to social justice.
At FCJ College, we believe that:
- Our welcoming community finds its inspiration in companionship with Jesus.
- Each member of our community should be a witness to the Gospel values of compassion, courage, integrity and hope.
- Education is a partnership between the school, teachers, students and families, which involves a curriculum that offers students an authentic avenue to prepare themselves for the challenges of life ahead.
- We should engage, encourage, nurture and include all students, in a safe, respectful and positive environment, so that they have an equal opportunity to become the best persons they can be.
- All members of our community are equally valued for their unique contribution.
At FCJ College, we commit to educating students to be:
- People of faith, courage and integrity who live the values of compassion, honesty and justice;
- Confident young adults whose inner strength and positive self- belief make them resilient in a challenging world;
- People who have an appreciation and respect for everyone;
- Members of society who have a capacity to be engaged in the community and who demonstrate social and environmental responsibility;
- Adults growing in faith and awareness of God’s love as life-long learners and critical thinkers;
Commitment to Democratic Principles
FCJ College support and promote the principles and practice of Australian democracy, including a commitment to:
- Elected government
- The rule of law
- Equal rights for all before the law
- Freedom of religion
- Freedom of speech and association
- The values of openness and tolerance